The irresistible aroma of garlic sauce is a defining characteristic of many memorable pizza evenings, and Papa John’s has earned a reputation for its signature garlic dipping sauce, which complements its pizzas to perfection. If you’ve ever pondered the possibility of recreating that delicious garlic sauce in your own kitchen, you’re in for a delight.
Making Papa John’s garlic sauce at home enables you to customize the flavor to your liking. This article will walk you through the steps of recreating this iconic sauce, revealing the secret behind its buttery, rich flavor that elevates every pizza slice.
How To Make Papa John’s Garlic Sauce?
Adding a homemade version of Papa John’s garlic sauce to your pizza evenings can be delicious. Here is a straightforward recipe for a garlic dipping sauce comparable to Papa John’s:
- Preparation Time: Approximately 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: Approximately 5 minutes (for melting the butter)
- Cooling Time: A few minutes to allow the sauce to cool slightly before serving
- Total Time: Approximately 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Melt the unsalted butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Avoid allowing it to brown or scorch.
- Once the butter has dissolved, take the pan off the heat.
- Add garlic powder, salt, onion powder, dried oregano, dried basil, and dried parsley to the liquefied butter. Adapt the amounts of these seasonings to your personal preferences. You can begin with the specified quantities and add more if desired.
- To thoroughly combine all of the ingredients, stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Before using the sauce, allow it to cool slightly, as it will be extremely hot immediately after combining.
- Transfer the garlic sauce to a tiny bowl or ramekin for serving.
- Serve the garlic sauce alongside portions of your preferred pizza for dipping.
This recipe produces a garlic dipping sauce comparable to Papa John’s. You can alter the seasonings to achieve the desired flavor. Keep in mind that while this domestic version is similar to Papa John’s commercial garlic sauce, it may not be an exact replica.
Tips For Papa John’s Garlic Sauce
Here are some helpful tips for enjoying and making the most of Papa John’s garlic sauce:
- Adjust the quantity of garlic powder, salt, and other seasonings according to your taste preferences. Experiment with additional herbs and seasonings to achieve a customized taste.
- In addition to pizza, try the garlic sauce as a dipping sauce for breadsticks, poultry wings, and even pasta dishes.
- Before using the sauce as a dip, allow it to cool slightly so that you do not burn your palate. If necessary, carefully reheat the food.
- Use the sauce as a marinade for broiled meats or roasted vegetables for a creative touch.
- For a milder version, try substituting butter with margarine or olive oil.
- Make a batch of garlic sauce for parties and gatherings to impress your visitors with a homemade touch.
- Prepare an assortment of dipping options, including traditional pizza crusts, potato wedges, and mozzarella spears.
How To Store Leftover Papa John’s Like Garlic Sauce?
To store leftover garlic sauce from Papa John’s, allow it to settle to room temperature. Transfer the sauce to a clean, hermetic container and label it with the date and the sauce’s contents.
Immediately refrigerate the container and consume the sauce within three to five days to preserve its quality. Reheat food carefully over low heat to prevent separation.
Observe the food for signs of deterioration, such as an odd odor, texture, or mold growth, and discard if any are detected. Following these steps guarantees the sauce’s safety and enjoyment for future meals.
What To Serve With Papa John’s Garlic Sauce?
The garlic sauce from Papa John’s is a versatile condiment that combines well with a variety of dishes. Dip pizza crusts or segments into the sauce for a delicious snack or drizzle it over breadsticks. Enhance the flavor of your chicken wings by adding garlic sauce.
With this flavorful condiment, French fries, and mozzarella sticks become even more irresistible. Experiment with brushing it on burger patties, adding it to pasta dishes like macaroni and cheese, or using it to enhance the flavor of roasted or grilled vegetables.
Whether you’re eating pizza, pasta, appetizers, or sandwiches, Papa John’s garlic sauce is a flavorful complement that enhances the overall culinary experience.
Read more: What Happens If You Eat Spoiled Mushrooms?